Plastic Around Suitcases:
All suitcases usually go through a scanner at the airport on arrival and on occasion you may be asked to open your suitcase and this takes time, however I have noticed that if you have your suitcases wrapped in the plastic protective wrap at your airport of departure before you leave your country, they do not ask to open your suitcase when you arrive in Bali and this in turn saves you a lot of time and hassle at the airport.
Alcohol and Cigarettes:
You are allowed to bring in 1 bottle of Alcohol per adult person, if would like to enjoy some wine or other alcohol during your holiday, I would strongly recommend that you bring a bottle per person as Alcohol is very expensive in Bali.
You are allowed to bring in 200 (1 carton) Cigarettes per person, there is unfortunately not much of a variety of brands in Bali, but what they have is cheap, Carton of Marlboro about € 10.
• Ensure your passport has at least 6 months validity!!!
• If you have a VISA-free stamp in your passport, you CANNOT extend your time in Indonesia, VISA’s are vallid for 30 days (NOT ONE MONTH) entry day and departure day counts as a full day!!! If you are one day overdue, the fine is IDR 1,000.000 per person per day. (Around $70 USD!)
• If before you arrive in Indonesia you suspect there’s a good chance you will want to stay longer than 30 days, I recommend that you obtain a visa upon arrival at the airport for $35 and then you can extend that, for a VISA extension there are many agents in Bali. The fee for an agent and VISA is approximately $ 80/100,- (+ 2x transport cost) But our advice is that you contact the Indonesian Embassy in your country of residence before travelling to Bali and you probably (before you could) can get a 60 day VISA at the Embassy, this will be less hassle and much cheaper. If you wish to extend your visa we can help to arrange it for you.
•Visitors with a visa-free stamp will NOT be permitted to leave Indonesia from any exit point not listed below so make sure to buy a US$35 Visa if your plans require you to leave from somewhere else.
• Denpasar (Bali airport) + Jakarta + Surabaya + Medan + Batam + Batam (sea) + Bintan (sea)
• For those who needs a Visa on arrival we recommend the airport VIP pickup service at a fee of € 35 / $ 35 / IDR 500.000 per person.
• Please place your order in advance to allow us time to make the arrangements, we can put the cost of this service on your final bill.
• I personally don’t need a Visa upon arrival however I still prefer to take the VIP service, as you are picked up just as you leave the aircraft going down the escalator stairs, and you will avoid most of the long cues.
• For those who have heavy or a lot of luggage, I recommend you take one of the luggage carriers, the cost for this service is IDR 50.000 and they bring your luggage to the minivan, it will save you pain in your back.
Nationalities that have Free Visa:
Albania – Algeria – Andorra – Angola – Antigua & Barbuda – Argentina – Armenia – Australia – Austria – Azerbaijan – Bahamas – Bahrain – Bangladesh – Barbados – Belarus – Brunei – Belgium – Belize – Benin – Bhutan – Bolivia – Bosnia & Herzegovina – Botswana – Brazil – Bulgaria – Burkina Faso – Burundi – Cambodia – Canada – Cape Verde – Chad – Chile – China – Commonwealth of Dominica – Comoros – Costa Rica – Cote D’Ivoire – Croatia – Cuba – Cyprus – Czech Republic – Denmark – Dominican Republic – Ecuador – Egypt – El Salvador – Estonia – Fiji – Finland – France – Gabon – Gambia – Georgia – Germany – Ghana – Greece – Grenada – Guatemala – Guyana – Haiti – Honduras – Hongkong – Hungary – Iceland – India – Ireland – Italy – Jamaica – Japan – Jordan – Kazakhstan – Kenia – Kiribati – Kuwait – Kyrgyzstan – Laos – Latvia – Lebanon – Lesotho – Lichtenstein – Lithuania – Luxembourg – Macao SAR – Macedonia – Madagascar – Malawi – Malaysia – Maldives – Mali – Malta – Marshall Islands – Mauritania – Mauritius – Mexico – Moldova – Monaco – Mongolia – Morocco – Mozambique – Myanmar – Namibia – Nauru – Nepal – Netherlands – New Zealand – Nicaragua – Norway – Oman – Palau – Palestine – Panama – Papua New Guinea – Paraguay – Peru – Philippines – Poland – Portugal – Puerto Rico – Qatar – Romania – Russia – Rwanda – Samoa – San Marino – Sao Tome & Principe – Saudi Arabia – Senegal – Serbia – Seychelles – Singapore – Slovakia – Slovenia – Solomon Islands – South Africa – South Korea – Spain – Sri Lanka – St Kitts & Nevis – St Lucia – St Vincent & Grenadines – Suriname – Swaziland – Sweden – Switzerland – Taiwan – Tajikistan – Tanzania – Thailand – Timor Leste – Togo – Tonga – Trinidad & Tobago – Tunisia – Turkey – Turkmenistan – Tuvalu – Uganda – Ukraine – United Arab Emirates (UAE) – United Kingdom – Uruguay – USA – Uzbekistan – Vanuatu – Vatican City – Venezuela – Vietnam – Zambia – Zimbabwe
If your country is not on this list then you need to apply for a visa at an Indonesian Embassy or Consulate within your country.
After you have gone through Customs, You will need to look out for your driver if you booked the driver with us he will be meeting you at the arrivals hall holding a sign with your surname and with the name Sahaja Sawah Resort. There may be quite a few other drivers with signs so you will have to keep a keen eye out, but if you are not able to locate your driver you can call us at +6285100747489
The drive from the airport can take some time as it all depends on traffic but a minimum of 2 hours, take this opportunity to enjoy the scenery and you will have access to a Tourist Guide and a Bali Map in your car.
Your driver will gladly answer any questions you may have regarding what there is to see and do on your holiday, or what Tours available to you. The driver can also provide you with interesting information about Bali and the culture.
You will also have cool towels and water in the car at your disposal.